Jan 16, 2014

A short note about cooking

It's already 3:30pm and I still haven't eaten anything yet.
Funny thing is, I don't feel hungry at all.
I don't feel like eating.
I don't feel like cooking.

Cooking is no fun without you.
Eating is no fun without you.

It makes me wonder how usually at 12 noon I would be crying in your ears asking you to cook or asking you, 'What should we eat today?' (I miss asking you that question. It's a routine. It's in my blood and flesh now) but today I'm awkwardly not hungry.

Something suddenly hit me. The usual times when I had asked you to cook, maybe it wasn't really because I am hungry. Maybe it was because I wanted you to eat. Maybe because I want to feed you before your gastric pain gets to you. Or maybe plainly because I enjoyed spending time with you. Cooking with you. Doing things with you. Eating with you. Do the laundry with you. Maybe because I enjoy having you around me. Maybe. Maybe that's the only reason why I always asked you to cook and to eat. You.

~najwa

No comments: