I had a very hard time
sleeping last night. I couldn’t sleep. I lay on my bed tossing and turning and
ended up watching the fan spinning. So, I started thinking. About people.
Have you ever heard
that if you think of someone before you dozed off, they might just ended up in
your dreams? Well, here goes.
The first person that
came into my mind was Shrek the ‘Imaginary Friend’. I think about him for a
brief second. Just wondering how’s he doing and whether or not he… misses me (I
know it is an inappropriate question for someone who’s in a relationship like
this). But that’s just it. I stopped there.
Then I started
thinking about my future. I know I’ve said a few times that I would really love
settling down in Brunei and marry some nice & romantic guy from here. But then
again I came to my senses, that I was currently waiting for Mr. AT and Mr. AT
the same. So he came to my mind. I first know him when I was in form 4. I
remember when he used to tell me that he is never really good with girls and
that I was his first girlfriend. I broke his heart when I decided to break up
with him. But he never really gave up. He was always there, until my
matriculation years. It was the hardest year for me. Somehow, I feel like we
have this special connection between us. Because whenever I’m in trouble, he
always suddenly appears out of nowhere asking about what was going on. It’s
like he knew what I was going through. So after my break up with the ‘EX’, I
started friends again with Mr. AT. We got really close and he confessed to me of
his love once again. I was shocked because all this while I only thought of him
like an older brother that I never have. But when I think through about things,
there’s nothing that I wouldn’t like about him. He doesn’t smoke, he is not
that friendly with girls and he is tall, with curly hair and quite buff too. I
mean, come on! What more could I ever wanted from a man? And he’s been really
nice to me. Not to mention very patient towards my every behavior too! So, I
finally said ‘yes’ to him. And I went to bed with my every thought of him in my
mind.
When the sun shines
through my eyes, I realized that I was with a friend in a very large, loud
crowd. It’s like we were in a concert or something. Suddenly a group of six guys
appeared out of nowhere. They seemed like they were in a rush and almost knock
us off when they walked past us. But they actually just stood behind us. It was
crowded and very dense with people all over the place. Suddenly I felt like my
right thigh was in contact with something. I turned around to see a man
standing very close beside me. He was slightly taller than me, with a very fair
skin, and small eyes. He looks like he’s
part Chinese and is just very cute. And bubbly too! We started talking when I
noticed that some of the girls around me started glancing and whispering. Then
I heard this one girl said, ’That guy is a blogger right?’ The girl behind her
looked at him and just slowly nods.
‘He is funny and
naughty but very flirtatious.’ She said.
![]() |
| Can I see you in my dreams every night? :) |
I heard them and I was
surprised but I decided to ignore the girls. So I just talked and laughed all
the way through the show with little Mr. I-don’t-know-who. When the show ended,
my friend brought me to a restaurant for dinner. From outside the restaurant I
saw someone sitting inside the restaurant. He was staring at me, shock was all
over his face and I bet I wore the same look on my face too. I knew exactly who
he is the moment I saw him. It’s Mr. AT. He was wearing a white shirt that
really shows off his physique. My friend chatted with one of the six guys that
we saw earlier and they agreed to let us dine with them. It turns out that Mr.
AT was one of the six guys so I had to dine with him. I was very nervous as it
was my second time meeting him. There were only five of us there; me, my friend,
MR. AT, Mr. I-don’t-know-who and his friend. The other three guys showed up
much later. To my greatest surprise, the other three guys were Anwar Hadi, Mat
Luthfi and another Mr. I-don’t-know-who. I’m guessing that all six of the guys
are actually famous bloggers or vloggers. The other three guys sat at another
table because ours
are just too crowded
already.
All the time during
dinner, I just ate silently. My friend seemed to have a really nice chat with
Mr. I-don’t-know-who. I noticed that Mr. AT was always looking at me. He also
said, ‘Why say you’re big when you are actually so small?’ I know exactly what
he’s talking about. By the looks of it, he doesn’t really think that I was as
fat like I always told him. I just smiled at him. When he finishes his food, he
joined the other table to smoke. That surprises me because as far as I
remember, he told me that he doesn’t smoke. Only sometimes when he was with his
friends and I thought maybe this is what he meant. After dinner, all 8 of us
went for a walk around the building. But I just walked and talked with him. It
was very sweet. It’s as if I was on a date with him. My friend was successfully
socializing with Mr. I-don’t-know-who. Mr. AT also walked me home. When we’re
almost home, I was woken up to a very painful stomachache. That was when I
realized that it was all a dream and I didn’t want to wake up. I want to live
it through. But I ended up in the toilet anyway. Major stomachache! Almost felt
like food poisoning. Guess I ate too much Cheezy Cheese Carbonara yesterday.
I started pondering
again and found out that last night I went to bed thinking of Mr. AT. I might
have just missed him then. Maybe that is why I dreamt of him. It was the
sweetest dream I’ve had so far. And so real too. I can’t wait to be back in KL
this June to meet him J
(I also have this wild
thought that maybe that Mr. I-don’t-know-who is actually how Shrek looked like
because yesterday I did thought of him too before I went to bed)
~najwa
p/s: Now I know why I
find it really hard to draft in MS Word before actually posting in Blogger.
That’s because of the goddamned green and red (and sometimes blue) underlines!
Very distracting.
pp/s: Sorry for the
long post. J

No comments:
Post a Comment